Nebraska Electronic Liens & Titles (ELT)

Frequently Asked Questions about ELT in Nebraska:

Are lenders required to participate in the Nebraska ELT program?

No. However, the state does not send paper titles with liens or other confirmation messages to non-ELT participants.

How do I sign up for the ELT program?

You need to complete the "ELT Lender Application" form. Find copies on

The Electronic Lender Guide says "No printed copy will be produced for mailing to the lender unless specifically requested." Can I just specifically request to have all my titles printed?

No. The guide states:

An electronic certificate of title may be printed, at the request of a lender, if the owner is relocating to another state or for other purposes as approved by the DMV.

The DMV also states in their Provider Questions and Answers:

Question: Are the following purposes approved by the DMV for a paper title request:
a. State Change (owner moving to another state)
b. Name Change (as in the case of marriage)
c. Request for a Correction of Information on the Title
d. Legal Reasons
Are there any other approved purposes?

Answer: Items a, b and d are the only approved purposes at this time.
Are boats included in the ELT program?

Yes. The ELT program applies to anything titled by the DMV. See the Certificate of Title: Motorboat page.

Can I apply for a lien electronically?

No. The application process will remain the same, with all parts of the application (form, fee, supporting documentation) required. From the Nebraska Electronic Lender Guide:

Certificate of title and lien applications will continue to be filed at title issuing offices [local county treasurer office or the DMV, Division of Motor Carrier Services (MCS) for any common, contract or private carrier of property by motor vehicles in interstate commerce].

Premier eTitleLien® Decision Dynamics, Inc.